Corporate Partnership Guidelines
Operation Smile partners with leading corporations to provide free cleft palate and cleft lip surgeries for children around the world.
Why work with Operation Smile?
Our cause is universal. The effect of a smile transcends all cultures and backgrounds.
Transformational Results. We help children eat, speak, and lead more hopeful and productive lives.
Thousands of supporters are united via Web, email, social media, and other promotions, to give smiles to children.
Thank you for considering a partnership with Operation Smile Canada. The following guidelines were developed to help you determine whether a sponsorship or cause-related marketing promotion will meet your business objectives.
Criteria for Businesses
- Operation Smile welcomes proposals from businesses with at least one year operating experience, except for the following categories: Adult Content, Firearms, Tobacco.
- Operation Smile requires a guaranteed minimum donation of $10,000 for partnerships and provides a list of benefits commensurate with each donation level.
- Operation Smile Canada requires the completion of a Letter of Agreement (contract) that is signed by both parties to conduct a cause-related marketing promotion or sponsorship.
- Operation Smile does not endorse specific brands or products online or at events.
Cause-related marketing promotions may have specific corporate reporting requirements. Operation Smile Canada recommends seeking legal counsel to determine what this means for your business.
- While Operation Smile Canada may publicly acknowledge its corporate partners, because of our charitable status, we cannot advertise, promote, sell or distribute products or services for our partners. Operation Smile may include the promotion on our website provided it meets all the guidelines outlined above.
- Operation Smile Canada does not sell, loan or exchange its mailing list as a part of promotional agreements.
- Operation Smile Canada owns the trademarks for its name and logo and a written contract is required to use any licensed marks.
- Operation Smile Canada requires prior approval of all marketing collateral created prior to publication and use.
- Operation Smile provides a set of benefits for each level of sponsorship beginning at $10,000.
- Our team will work with your team to create and customize each partnership, striving for long-term sustainability.
- Types of partnerships can include: Multi-Channel Promotions, Employee Engagement, Product Purchase to Benefit, International Campaigns, or Medical Mission Sponsorship.
- Support provided by Operation Smile Canada can include: Marketing support and co-branded campaign development, social media strategy, PR and promotional support.
Our commitment is to provide value, demonstrate commitment and deliver measurable, sustainable results. We hope to partner with your business to form a mutually beneficial and sustainable collaboration based on a shared passion for helping children in need. Thank you for your consideration.